Old 04-08-2008, 10:40 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Sean Houtman Sean Houtman is offline

Default Tobacco hornworms

Mike Ruskai wrote in
:

I just found two of these munching on my porch jalapeno plants (one on
each plant). I've never seen these monsters before, and would like to
know what the best options are for preventing them from nawing on my
plants in the future - especially out in the garden, where I really
don't want to patrol fifty pepper plants for giant caterpillars.

If you don't want to manually pick them off, then any spray or dust
containing Bt, or Bacillus thuringensis will help control them. Bt is a
bacteria that quickly kills any sort of caterpillar.

Sean