Old 08-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Freeze Tuesday night?

Gene S wrote:
Just set out 100 tomato & pepper plants:-(

And I was exhausted after planting 5 tomatoes and about 8 peppers... ;-)
Then again, I also divided and repotted all the pond plants... not *that*
was back-breaking labor.

Assuming it will freeze tomorrow night, is there an
easy way to protect them? Plastic sandwich bags?

I don't think it will freeze, but I'm in the city (a cold spot though, for
the city). I'm not worried about my tomatoes but peppers really don't like
cold. The best and most practical way to protect them is to use row cover.
That's what they do at the farms and nurseries.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv