Old 05-08-2008, 03:31 AM
callie callie is offline
Registered User

Location: essex
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxglove77 View Post
I am having problems with my pumpins too. Both plants produced about 3 young pumpins at the beginning of growth, which were eaten by slugs. Now they seem to be producing nothing. How do you know if a flower is male or female. I have been using a paint brush in a vein hope I can produce another pumpkin.
Hi! A male flower is on the end of a slim stem & a female flower has a small ball behind it which eventually swells to form the pumpkin.