Old 05-08-2008, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Earthmaker compost bin good or gimmick?

In article ,
says...
In article , Nick Maclaren
writes

You tie the two ends of each section to each other, not the
two sections together!

A square with a circumference of 10 metres has sides of 2.5
metres - that is too large for a heap, as it becomes anaerobic
in the centre. Halving it makes two squares with 1.25 metre
sides.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Sorry Nick, got you now, seems the easiest of all solutions. Certainly
got some wire for that.

Janet

I told my son about the big builders bag idea, apparently they can be got
for £5, I thought that was a brilliant idea as you could scrunch it up
and remove it at any time it became empty. But I suspect Nick's method
looks very purposeful
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk