Old 05-08-2008, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default Cactus flower

"K" wrote in message
Spider writes
Thanks, John. I'll take your advice (and add it to Kay's!) and buy a
globular flowering cacti next time. My non-flowering cacti was kept in
the downstairs hallway which, although heated, was not nearly as warm as a
living room. I now have a (cold-in-winter/hot-in-summer) garden room, so
perhaps I'll over-winter my new cacti there - with a frost-stat of course!

Important thing is to keep it bone dry over winter if you're keeping it in
the garden room. In Yorkshire, I stop watering mine at the start of
September and don't start again until May.

There isn't really enough light in winter, so it'll be happier in a
dormant state in a cold (but not below freezing) garden room than in a
warm centrally heated house where it'll be trying to grow.
--
Kay

Thanks, Kay, that really helps. Now all I need is the plant. Mmm..I feel a
GC visit coming on.

Spider