Old 05-08-2008, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default new to wisteria

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 23:31:21 +0100, Kotty
wrote:

3) The wall of the house Im growing it on isnt South or West Facing.
At the moment it is summer and it gets sun early morning until about
1pm. I take it this does not fulfill the definition of "full sun", and
my flowers wont be as good as one in full sun. Will I still get a
decent show, if pruned well?

Mine is SE facing and gets sun from sunrise to about mid-day, and does
quite well. It's been in about 4 years, flowers well, infact just had
a second flush of 4. I bought it in flower.
Main thing to remember is water. By a wall, you need to make sure it
gets enough water, especially in the first few years. I lost my first
one for not realising this.

I agree with advice given by Fluffball and Charlie.

Pam in Bristol