Old 23-02-2003, 12:15 PM
Douglas Bolt

Default Garden under 24" Presidents' Day snow

Betsy,

Sorry to hear about the water in your basement. I hope your basement is
less crowded with STUFF than ours. We have lots of water to look at in
Beltsville, but so far, none in the basement. Many in our area are having
problems with water in basements and you have probably heard on TV about a
few collapsed roofs.

Yes, wouldn't spring be nice.

I got my shipment of caladium bulbs on Friday. The UPS man looked at me,
then at the 2 ft of snow and then laughed when I told him the package he was
delivering contained plants for the garden.

doug bolt
Visit: http://www.boltassociates.com

Betsy wrote:
I took some similar pictures up here in Baltimore.

I hope you aren't suffering what I am today: about a foot of water
in the basement!

I got home from teaching and have been bailing ever since. So have my
neighbors, students, and family. The fire department just left. The
plumber is, hopefully, on the way with a new sump pump.

I WANT SPRING!

"Douglas Bolt" wrote in message
Will it ever end? After 24 inches of snow last week-end, it's now
raining at the rate of 0.65 in/hr building on 1.98 in for the day.
The record for DC (I live in Beltsville, MD just north of DC) for
2/22 is 1.48 in.

Though you might enjoy comparing some pics of our backyard taken
last summer vs. this week showing how 24 inches of snow transforms a
garden.

Pics taken last summer: http://www.boltassociates.com/Backyard/
Pics taken this week: http://www.boltassociates.com/Snow/
Current weather in Beltsville, MD: