Old 06-08-2008, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default OT OT OT OT one of life's surprises

On 6/8/08 12:11, in article , "stuart
noble" wrote:

This is very much a Nursery with a tea room, not a garden centre with a
shopping and play area

You mean it's a plant nursery rather than a nursery :-)

You've got it!

, so it's not a 'family day out' in that sense

Maybe it could be. Parents are pretty desperate to tick off another day
in the holidays, even if you don't have bouncy castles and roundabouts.

Well, they can let off a bit of steam here but young children get bored
plant shopping.

We have noticed,
however, that we get a lot more young families coming in now than we used
to. I don't know if that's because gardening programmes appeal to them or
whether it's because they can enjoy the garden for free and get tea as well,
and they'd want refreshments wherever they went, I should think. Children
love the garden because it's about 3 acres with lots of paths they can play
hide and seek through and 'get lost' in but quite safely once they're past
the toddler stage. Often, I've distracted a fractious child by taking it
and a parent to feed the fish - they love watching them surge to the surface
in a feeding frenzy! And on several occasions I've supplied towels to
soaked toddlers who've been picking up the pebbles from the granite water
trough and hurling them back in, or putting their fingers in the water spout
and squirting water all over themselves!

Sounds nice

We like it. ;-))

--
Sacha