Old 07-08-2008, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default OT OT OT OT one of life's surprises

On 7/8/08 04:17, in article
, "Dave
Poole" wrote:

In a certain garden centre recently, I watched incredulously as a
young child went along the benches, picking up Begonias and plonking
them back, upside down with some force, ruining and crushing the
plants. The father looked on idly and the mother was only concerned
that her little brat might get dirty hands. No remonstration, no
concern about the fact the the plants were rendered unsaleable. I
could barely contain myself and bellowed "Don't do that!" causing the
child to jump and then start wimpering. The mother was about to
respond, but stopped as I barked that she was nurturing a future moron
and vandal. They hurried away with the father muttering " huh -
they're only plants for ***** sake..." That's the great British
public for you nowadays.

And then there was the nutcase who let his golden retriever swim in the fish
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com