Old 07-08-2008, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H Gordon H is offline

Default Freezing Runner Beans

In message , Ed
writes
On 07/08/08 12:13, Gordon H wrote:
I will not disclose whose method I used yesterday to freeze the first
1lb of beans. :-)

Gordon,

Try different methods for each batch n so keep everyone happy! Then
let us know if there were any significant differences. I bet there
won't be much between them!

Ed

I won't take that bet! I sliced them into 1/2" wide diagonals,
split them into two, steamed one half for 3 minutes, dropped the other
half into boiling water for 2 minutes, laid them out on a tea towel and
dried them, spread them on two baking trays until frozen them sorted
them into labelled plastic bags.

To remove air from the bags I used my own patent method of inserting a
drinking straw into a corner of the zip-bag, and sucking the air out as
I closed the last bit of the zip.

Note: If you have a heavy cold take care not to sneeze into the bag.
--
Gordon H