Old 07-08-2008, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Carol Klein - does she HAVE to overemphasise ??

On 7/8/08 14:27, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 14:24:40 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 7/8/08 12:48, in article
, "Spider"
wrote:
snip
Sarah Raven
is,
as you say, becoming too commercial for her own good, but I could listen
her voice all day. She used to be a GP, and that's easy to imagine: her
voice is very down-to-earth-soothing- you know-it's-good for-you. It's
the
only bit of her I like.

Her husband's grandmother was Vita Sackville-West and I've heard people
say
that Sarah dresses as she does as a sort of 'homage' to Vita S-W. ;-)

snip

How interesting! However, I can't say SR's dress sense does anything for
me, however Sackville-westesque it may be. I suspect VS-W's wardrobe
contained longer robes than SR's! However, she may have gardened in
something more masculine - given her, er, persuasion. :~)

Spider

Jodphurs come to mind for some reason! I think it's the boots that are
particularly similar - if that makes sense.

Mitford jack boots for stamping on the slugs?

Hang on - the Mitfords don't come into this. Do they?!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com