Old 07-08-2008, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H Gordon H is offline

Default Freezing Runner Beans

In message , Ed
writes
On 07/08/08 14:02, Gordon H wrote:

I won't take that bet! I sliced them into 1/2" wide diagonals,
split them into two, steamed one half for 3 minutes, dropped the other
half into boiling water for 2 minutes, laid them out on a tea towel
and dried them, spread them on two baking trays until frozen them
sorted them into labelled plastic bags.
To remove air from the bags I used my own patent method of inserting
a drinking straw into a corner of the zip-bag, and sucking the air
out as I closed the last bit of the zip.
Note: If you have a heavy cold take care not to sneeze into the
bag.

LOL!! ur a well humorous boy!! But u got to have a sense of humour
when growing veg and not get too down when things fail as they do.

Ed

The straw method works! Vacuum-packing is the only way to get rid of
_all_ the air.
--
Gordon H