Old 07-08-2008, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Wasps eating our plums

On 7/8/08 18:25, in article , "Broadback"
wrote:

shazzbat wrote:
Just as our plums are ripening, wasps are moving in and eating them. See pic
here -

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t.../Aug7th011.jpg

Is there anything we can do about this? If we take the not yet ripe ones off
the tree, will they ripen at home?

Steve

Usually they attack plums that are already damaged. This is certainly
true of mine, many of which have spit, why? Wet weather? Those that are
undamaged are not being attacked by the wasps. The problem is will I be,
if I try to harvest them?

Harvest at night?
--
Sacha