Old 08-08-2008, 01:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Why are my cucumbers white?

In article 390b4a86-e93a-4813-9784-07116b383e42
@z6g2000pre.googlegroups.com, says...
They taste fine. Early in the season they were bitter...very bitter,
but now they taste fine. Now they are almost white, w/ some streaky
light green. What causes them to be this color. I didn't buy a white
cucumber, I got them from lowe's, and they were supposed to be a
regular green cuke! It's not bothering me, as I said they taste fine,
kinda bland actually. I'm just curious. I live in TN. We've been
getting a decent amount of rain this year. But it has been hot.

Shade?

Seed packaging error?