Old 08-08-2008, 02:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default C. Muriel Loo x C. bicolor photo link

Agreed. And yes, you have great taste! But here's the perennial question.

What if this flower were to be chosen for an award (and I'm not suggesting
that it would be). It's not registered. I do know where I purchased it, but
that might not be of any help.

What would happen? What would I do to register it?

Yeah, I know. We've talked *around* this many times. But I don't know the
answer, really.

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
I still have great taste. *G*! Nope I don't see it there or in the RHS
either. Muriel Loo is something called C White Christmas crossed onto C
bicolor, so this has '2 shots' of bicolor.... Looking at teh parentage of
White Christmas it has all teh floofy catts in its background, gaskelliana
, warneri, etdc. I see very little if any of these in this progeny. Same
with my C Patroncinii. I see no labiata in its make up. Only the
bicolor....so I assume the bicolor is dominant, LOL!

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
The plant:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28721677@N06/2741699127/

The flower close up. The pink streaks on the petals and sepals are caused
by a reflection.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28721677@N06/2742536304/

Kathy, you were instrumental in goading me into buying this a number of
years ago; you even found a link. (Right, like I needed to be goaded!)
Know anything about registration? It's not on OrchidWiz, as far as I can
find.

Diana