Old 08-08-2008, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Compost Making. Utterly Confused!!

On Aug 8, 12:38�pm, Omelet wrote:
In article
,

�Billy wrote:
In article ,
�Omelet wrote:

Coffee grounds make worms happy

but apparently not zucchini. I can only presume that the pH of the
coffee grounds was to low. The zucks wilted in the late morning
light.They are recovering now but aren't happy campers. I put the
grounds right where the stem comes out of the ground. I've put
coffee grounds in the lettuce patch in the past, with no reaction.

You are supposed to compost the coffee grounds first, preferably thru
earthworms. g

But those zukes will give a good buzz, even without D cells. g