Old 08-08-2008, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Mike Mike is offline

Default Compost Making. Utterly Confused!!

"Ed" ex@directory wrote in message
Making compost seems to have become such a scientific skill that I am
now quite wary of even starting to do so, lest I end up with some smelly
sickly sludge that it no good for anything.

Ed

Just to see, I put some garbage with a little water into a plastic pail with
lid and left it out in the sun. What I wound up with was a pail of rotting
garbage that eventually started breeding crop destroying worms!

I finally doused the whole mess with Malathion and dumped it a dumpster.