Old 08-04-2003, 04:08 PM
BenignVanilla

Default DIY Bottom Drain and Diffusers

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
I made one for my new project, the tank in the back yard. I made a DIY
bottom drain of of toilet flanges, then took a 16" terracotta bowl (used

for
"color bowls" at the Home Depot/Lowe's type stores); it has a 1" bottom
drain, which was "perfect" for the 3/4" stem on the air diffuser (AES #
AD11). With a few fittings, it fits very well. Then I took some 1/2 PVC

and
made a little "table" to raise the dome about 1" off the bottom. This

allows
adequate circulation for the bottom drain, and is heavy enough that the

fish
don't knock it over. I've seen it work in other ponds, but haven't

installed
it in mine yet, because I'm not quite ready for it yet.

Maybe I am confused...is the bowl considered the diffuser?

BV.