Old 09-08-2008, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default garden and house valuation

Kate Morgan writes
I put garden first in the subject as I am wondering if the garden plays
much of a part when a house is being valued, any one know ?

My experience is that it pays a small part, but in a non-gardening sense
- ie tidy is good, colourful is good, but the identity of the plants is
irrelevant. Size is either a plus or a minus, and may be seen as
"difficult to maintain but gives room to extend the house".

If you have got a garden which is valuable to a gardener, you'll have to
write the description yourself and not leave it to the estate agent.

I suspect that it is one of these things that won't increase the value,
but will make the house easier to sell to the right person.
--
Kay