Old 09-08-2008, 06:34 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
gmb gmb is offline

Default Fish Tale: "Garbo" the reclusive fish

On Aug 6, 8:33 am, "D Kat" wrote:
My koi (butterfly) were in hiding most of the time when they were small.
... If memory serves me right, they were about 8" before
I saw much of them. They do seem to prefer their own. So the 3 of them
were almost always together and I never saw them school with the goldfish.
I don't imagine they would like being alone.

Donna

"gmb" wrote in message

Well, as stated before, Ms. Skeptic here doesn't expect much but I
talked with a neighbor that has 3 (impressive) koi ponds. I remember
he did have a specific koi he and his wife picked out that had
disappeared and after sometime they purchased a look alike replacement
fish. Fish one resurfaced and now is one of "the twins." I asked how
long fish one was "gone." He said: "nearly a season." It is still
baffling... given they would probably want to see sunshine and friends
EAT and I do NOT have plants to hide in. My butterflies like ea. other
and commingle with the comets. I wait with baited breath.