Old 09-08-2008, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default garden and house valuation

On Aug 9, 9:26*am, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
I put garden first in the subject as I am wondering if the garden plays much
of a part when a house is being valued, any one know ?

kate
Gloucestershire

Yes, it does Kate, we had about one third of an acre at our last house
it was well kept and interesting with a veggie patch and a line of
fruit trees. We had created two patios to the rear and erected a
gazebo through which roses and Charlie's clematis, Gillian Baldes
twinted their way through. The three estate agents all said that this
particular area at the rear added the wow appeal and that added to the
value of the house.

Judith