Old 10-08-2008, 09:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George.com George.com is offline

Default Can I freeze tomatoes until I have enough to can a batch?

"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote in message
"Omelet" wrote:

Blanch and peel first. You could also stew them and can them as a
sauce. ;-d

I simpy froze a mass load of summer glut tomatos & turned them in to tomato
sauce 6 months later. The tomatos kept ok in bags in the freezer & the
tomato sauce was great. Freeze excess tomatos or turn them in to sauce.
frozen tomatos go squishy when thawed so ideal for use in a sauce, pasta or
pizza.

rob

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to --