Old 10-08-2008, 07:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Sue Erickson Sue Erickson is offline

Default Brassia Rex Sakata

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 21:42:05 -0400, "Diana Kulaga"
Hi, Chuck,
Light: Not as high as Cattleyas, not as low as Phalaenopsis.
Temps: Warm to intermediate.
Fert: Same as you feed everyone else.
"Faz" wrote in message
Where can I find info on this orchid? Managed to pick this up for $5.00
but don't have a clue how to look after it. Just could not walk by it
for this price. Now I am in a quandry as how to mother
it.....help.help.help.

Thanks
Chuck.

Chuck -
We grow a mixed collection. Brassias in general are weeds for us.
They grow full, rapidly and bloom well. I grow mine 'tough' because
I do expose them to strong light. So mine tend toward a yellow green,
but I have seen them bloom well with such low light that the plants
had a very lush green leaf tone. So give them the best you can and a
touch of food once in a while they should reward you well.

SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids