Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default garden and house valuation

On 10/8/08 16:46, in article ,
"AriesVal" wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:31:43 +0100, Sacha wrote:

If anyone is interested here are some of mine taken last year between June
and October

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/valeri...uneInOurGarden
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/valerie.copeland/July
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/valeri...ursInOurGarden

It looks lovely, Val and full of colour with something going on all the
time. AND you're growing a Cotoneaster as a standard, something I want to do
here. There's a well-established one at Dartington roundabout (Shinner's
Bridge) not far from here and it looks wonderful with all the berries
against its dark foliage. It's only about 4' tall but standing alone on a
grass verge it's a really lovely focal point in a smallish area. Which one
are you growing?

Cotoneaster frigidus Cornubia

It will be ironic if that's one we haven't got!! But the frigidus bit
sounds about right just now.

And have you been washed away yet? We went to friends in
Salcombe yesterday to watch the Red Arrows and they did one diamond
formation fly past and that was it - disappointing for everyone, including
them! What absolutely appalling weather - I don't think I remember a summer
this bad, especially not in August!

How disappointing the weather was bad for the Red Arrows fly past - it was
the same here yesterday, rain, rain, and more rain I thought last
Summer was bad enough but this year has topped that!

Not much comfort to be setting a record, eh? ;-((

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com