Old 10-08-2008, 10:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bonnie NJ Bonnie NJ is offline

Default Good Summer Successes

Our ponds are doing well. Goldfish numbers are holding steady. The
koi are also doing well. I don't know if we have any new koi, they
hide in the veggie filter until we do the year end cleaning ( either
fall or spring ). It depends on how quickly the weather turns.
Our frogs are all doing well - they range from a little more than 1"
to about 6". Lots of night time music!
Canaries are still producing. One just left the nest yesterday.
I didn't purchase any water hyacinths this year. The veggie filter
was just water celery and water cress in the large vf. In the small
vf we have iris. Both did very well. The water lilies were excellent
this year. Blooms all thru the summer.
Bonnie
NJ