Old 11-08-2008, 05:06 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Delurk, background, first questions

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 18:12:59 EDT, kathy wrote:

Well, you just have to wonder why Green Lake
got its name.... k ;-)

Green lake doesn't have an algae problem I don't think it is too full of
aquatic weeds. ;-) Now if you really wanted to see a greeeen lake, Moses
Lake had Green Lake beat.... but now, I'm not so sure. ML is so full of
aquatic weeds they have a harvester that looks like a backward
sternwheeler. Trims the weeds off 2ish feet below the surface so boats can
still go thru it now days.

Btw, I loved Green Lake as a kid. They use to have a water ski tournament
there every year and I loved biking around the lake. What a wonderful time
that was. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us