Old 11-08-2008, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Two more Q's from a newbie - What to plant, and idenitification online guides

fimonkey writes

Secondly, whilst clearnig the jungle I found a patch of lovely blue
flowers. they were evrywhere, so I guess they're self seeding. They
remind me initially of giant blue lobelia, but I'll try to describe
them better. The blue flowers are v. samll and come off a main tall
stem from the centre of the plant, about 1/2 metre high. the remainder
of the plant, if there were no flowers, would look like dock leaves.
Anyone got any idea what this is and whether it's a weed or
cultivated?

Try green alkanet. Leaves are rougher than a dock with lots of short
itchy hairs. It's a member of the forget-me-not family.
--
Kay