Old 11-08-2008, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default plant identification

On 11 Aug, 17:03, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Lollolollo" *wrote

This is my first post here and very glad to have found this forum.

I have grown this plant from a cutting but I have no idea what it is.
Here is a link to the picture as I am not able to upload for some
reason.http://www.leora.net/plant.jpg

Does any body know please?
The leaves are velvety green on top and glitter speckled dark red on
the underside.

I would like to find out care and maintenance information but need the
name first of course.

Begonia, a *rhizomatous one, and you may be able to find out what it is
at...http://www.begonias.org/greenhouse/
But there are a lot and you will probably need to see the flowers to be
sure.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

I used to grow it many years ago, I'm trying to remember it's name,
Begonia Tigrada (Tiger begonia) comes to mind, but I will keep trying
to remember, the leaf is quite distinct, smooth as oposed to another I
had with the same name, which was more gingery in markings and
slightly hairy.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries