Old 11-08-2008, 11:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Cherry tree

In article
,
Ivan wrote:

Hi all,

My partner suggested we plant a cherry tree on our front yard and,
before I do so, I wanted to come in and ask if there are any types of
fruiting cherries which produce pink blossoms.
I know ornamental cherries do, but I'm very interested on the fruit as
well as getting pretty flowers.

She, on the other hand, wants the pink flowers. :S

I hope we can both get what we want!!

Single flowers yield fruit. Double flowers are sterile. Color
specific is in the eye of the beholder. A lot has to do with where you
live.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA