Old 12-08-2008, 01:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ivan Ivan is offline

Default Cherry tree

On Aug 12, 10:00*am, Jangchub wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:08:56 -0700 (PDT), Ivan
wrote:

Hi all,

My partner suggested we plant a cherry tree on our front yard and,
before I do so, I wanted to come in and ask if there are any types of
fruiting cherries which produce pink blossoms.
I know ornamental cherries do, but I'm very interested on the fruit as
well as getting pretty flowers.

She, on the other hand, wants the pink flowers. :S

I hope we can both get what we want!!

Paghat gave you the information about cherries you seek, but if your
partner wants pink flowers you are out of luck and I also do not
recommend an ornamental cherry.

Redbud 'Forest Pansy' is a beautiful specimen tree. *I don't know
where you live so can't be certain it's a good suggestion. *Also
realize if you plant a fruiting tree in the front yard you will have a
lot of mess on the ground, along with the critters who come to eat the
fruit which falls.

Aah, very good point!

After reading through these, it seems as if though it might be a good
idea to get a pink ornamental cherry tree in the front yard, and a
fruiting tree in the back .....
We'll see how it goes.

Thanks to all for your helpful advise!