Old 12-08-2008, 05:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Can I freeze tomatoes until I have enough to can a batch?

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
zxcvbob wrote:

I was referring to making ketchup, not tomato sauce. There's a big
difference.
Tomato ketchup - tomato sauce. Never thought there was a difference
between
the two. Have a hamburger, a pie or some chips, put the tomato
sauce/ketchup
on them. What do you categorise the difference as?
Ketchup is saturated with sugar and has some vinegar too.
Unless you are making home made low carb Ketchup/Catsup!

That might be good, but it's not Ketchup. (Oddly enough, if you use
honey for the sweetener, it doesn't even meet the USDA definition of
ketchup and you have to call it something like "imitation ketchup".)

Bob

If I'm making it for my own use, I can call it whatever I want. g

I call mine "Alfredo". I called everything I cook "Alfredo". (I
learned that from watching Olive Garden commercials.)

Think I'll go make myself a Bourbon Martini with an orange twist...

;-P

Bob