Old 12-08-2008, 04:32 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.birds,alt.nature.mushrooms,sci.misc
Laurence Sheldon Laurence Sheldon is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Mystery Disease?

Jack Schmidling wrote:
Returning home from our Friday trip to town, we spotted this strange
apparition in a tree along the road.....

I need some help identifying it.

Your wording suggests that it appeared suddenly (if it got that big
without you noticing it earlier).

My guess is somebody cut down a diseased tree or tree-limb and the wind
(or kids) put it there.

We have incidents of corn cobs or ears of corn in trees, but that is the
doing of the thieving squirrels.

I'll be interested to know what the tree thing turns out to be.

--
Requiescas in pace o email Two identifying characteristics
of System Administrators:

ICBM Targeting Information: http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs