Old 12-08-2008, 10:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Educate me about Zinnias

"Paul B" wrote in message
I'm in south eastern Michigan so it will be dying at the first hard frost.
If I learn how to collect seeds (how?) or if I buy them, is it better to
just plant them in the garden next year and try and differentiate between
a Zinnia sprout and a weed, or should they be started in pots and
transplanted?

Mine reseed themselves every year. Only problem is each year they're
taller. This summer they're at least 3 1/2' tall. I started with the little
10" to 12" ones some years ago.