Old 13-08-2008, 08:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Pepper saga.......... Pictures of the garden

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote in message

Unfortunately the symptoms you're describing could be for several
diseases from bacterial spot to Cercospora. Could you post pictures on
a site like Photobucket so we can see exactly what you mean?

This was taken the end of June. You can see the peppers are tall, thin and
don't look normal. The tomatoes are still healthy. they're Romas,
EarlyGirls and Better Boys. Peppers are mixed Bells:
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...mer2008-28.jpg
Here's a close up taken yesterday. No peppers and perhaps one flower. All
flowers and buds turn brown and fall off. The plants still have white fly
and a light mite load. Organics and chemicals didn't do much.
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...mer2008-15.jpg
This was taken yesterday.You can see the devastation to the tomatoes from
the WF and SMs.
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...mer2008-16.jpg
The two eggplants are totally infested with mites and WF. The "eggs" stopped
growing.
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...mer2008-17.jpg
Another shot:
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...mer2008-18.jpg
This is what the WFs did to the string beans.
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...mer2008-12.jpg
I have no idea why these crooknecks suffer from. Their leaves are silvery
white. They have only a few WF and no mites. They're not near the gardens.
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...mer2008-13.jpg

I've been gardening since the late 1950s and never seen anything like this
before. The other two gardens are still OK but it's only a matter of time
before the spider mites get to them - one way or another.