Old 13-08-2008, 11:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz Pat Kiewicz is offline

Default Pepper saga.......... Pepper expert anyone?

Marie Dodge said:

I believe the spidermites came in on a gift palm I recieved last winter. It
was incurable so I trashed it this spring. Most likely not before a few
mites fell of it.......... The whitefly probably came in on one of
the seedlings I bought last spring.

There's an old remedy for spider mites that might be worth a try, and
might not be too expensive. It combines wheat flour, buttermilk,
and water. The Organic Method Primer recommends it, and various
proportions are mentioned. Here's a recipe from a website:

1/8 cup buttermilk
1 cup wheat flour
1-1/4 gallons of water

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/gt_org...693956,00.html