Old 08-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default What ya planting?

Anne Lurie wrote:

Dang, Susan, I got plum-tuckered just reading what you did this weekend!
And I thought I was hot s**t because I planted 10 3-gallon azaleas & 2 roses
this weekend. (Of course, there were also the 4 cartloads of topsoil that I
"whittled" off my 3-year-old dirt pile with my TroyBilt mini-tiller -- the
tiller would have been worth its price if I never used it for anything else,
because that dirt pile turned to concrete while waiting for me to deal with
it!)

I must have forgotten to mention that gardening = therapy and I've got a
lot of family related irritation to work out right now. I got into a
veyr nasty fight with my father on the phone last week and then took out
the anger on the chickweed in the front bed that borders the walkway. I
felt *much* better after I was done. I was going to say gardening is
cheaper but I think my s.o. may beg to differ with me on that. Lowes
certainly appreciates it, OTOH!

Now, if only my sister makes me mad again on Friday (that's an easy one
right now!) so I can get up the steam to finish extending the patio this
weekend. The darned paving stones weigh 45 pounds a piece.
Fortunately, I only have five more to put in place.

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu