Old 13-08-2008, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sandy Sandy is offline

Default Eating rhubarb after July

Chris ] wrote:

I have heard that rhubarb shouldn't be eaten after July because of
increased oxalic acid content. What happens to the human body if you do
eat rhubarb after this date? How dangerous is it?

I certainly hope it's not dangerous to eat!

My rhubarb has been sprouting prolifically over the last few weeks
(presumably due to all the rainfall we've had) so we've been taking
advantage and eating some almost every night this past week or two!