Old 13-08-2008, 07:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rozagy, artistic Autistic Rozagy, artistic Autistic is offline

Default Tree Problems Addressed

On Aug 13, 12:50�pm, enigma wrote:
Billy wrote
ct.net.au:

Lee, get some rest. This discussion can wait, if it need
be had at all. I'm sorry that I disturbed you, I was just
trying to get John's attention because he manifestly
displays classic symptoms of autism. You on the other hand
can banter, which must be freakin' rare for someone with
autism orAspergersyndrome. Just being categorized would
put me off the deep end (Oh, he's one of them!!?). It is
just an intellectual construct that has meaning, only if we
accept it. But hey, shrinks gotta eat too ;o)

not really, there are probably more high functioning autistics
&asperger'speople in society than there are low functioning
autistics... but the low-functioning ones are highlighted more
because they're good for fundraising (sad, but true. they
*use* those poor people for gain).
�actually, i suspect John may be an Aspie, because he really
fixates on that one tiny little area though.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

There ARE indeed a lot of adults with Asperger's in society, but most
are either undiagnosed or don't even realise it themselves that they
are Aspies.

Unfortunately, it's not a very sexy subject for the media and since we
know about our modern world through the media, whatever gets
overlooked by them - is not known to general masesses. But hopefully,
not for long.

When Barack Obama is finally in power, he'll roll out a huge Autism
awarenesss programme (he already earmarked 1 billion US dollars a year
for Autism research, better diagnosis and support of autistic people
of all ages and abilities).

if you haven't seen his Autism and Asperger's manifesto - check it
out, it's pretty impressive (I alslo kinda like his proposed Energy
bill).

best to all,

Roza
(Rozagy)