Old 13-08-2008, 09:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Tree Problems Addressed

"Rozagy, artistic Autistic" wrote in

oups.com:

There ARE indeed a lot of adults with Asperger's in
society, but most are either undiagnosed or don't even
realise it themselves that they are Aspies.

i didn't know until i was almost 50. explains a lot though

Unfortunately, it's not a very sexy subject for the media
and since we know about our modern world through the media,
whatever gets overlooked by them - is not known to general
masesses. But hopefully, not for long.

not only is it not "sexy", it really kills the modern 'autism
epidemic' mantra that the curebies love so much.

When Barack Obama is finally in power, he'll roll out a
huge Autism awarenesss programme (he already earmarked 1
billion US dollars a year for Autism research, better
diagnosis and support of autistic people of all ages and
abilities).

uh oh... i don't like the sounds of this...

if you haven't seen his Autism and Asperger's manifesto -
check it out, it's pretty impressive (I alslo kinda like
his proposed Energy bill).

gots links? i just can't see him taking on Autism Speaks
spit
i'm not crazy about his energy plans, but they do beat
McCain's "oil as usual" ideas
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair