Old 13-08-2008, 10:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Tree Problems Addressed

In article ,
enigma wrote:

"Rozagy, artistic Autistic" wrote in

oups.com:

There ARE indeed a lot of adults with Asperger's in
society, but most are either undiagnosed or don't even
realise it themselves that they are Aspies.

i didn't know until i was almost 50. explains a lot though

Unfortunately, it's not a very sexy subject for the media
and since we know about our modern world through the media,
whatever gets overlooked by them - is not known to general
masesses. But hopefully, not for long.

not only is it not "sexy", it really kills the modern 'autism
epidemic' mantra that the curebies love so much.

When Barack Obama is finally in power, he'll roll out a
huge Autism awarenesss programme (he already earmarked 1
billion US dollars a year for Autism research, better
diagnosis and support of autistic people of all ages and
abilities).

uh oh... i don't like the sounds of this...

if you haven't seen his Autism and Asperger's manifesto -
check it out, it's pretty impressive (I alslo kinda like
his proposed Energy bill).

gots links? i just can't see him taking on Autism Speaks
spit
i'm not crazy about his energy plans, but they do beat
McCain's "oil as usual" ideas
lee

My other teaches special Ed here in N.J. We were discussing some
points in this tread. Ingrid does not post.

Seems young folks that she comes in contact with are intelligent but
have difficulties in relating to others. On the surface it is as simple
as that. However self and other resonates well with many philosophical
issues. Who are we interacting with if there is no others. Murky but I
did not create the system just falling though it.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA