Old 13-08-2008, 07:49 PM posted to sci.bio.botany,sci.agriculture
kauhl-meersburg[_2_] kauhl-meersburg[_2_] is offline

Default Weed that looks like pennycress and can grow larger than 6 feet?

hello Archi,

heart affecting your description of your endeavours in determining
flowers, I know those difficulties also very well, as at the beginning
one has not yet an eye for those small differencies in flowerhead
composition and one always refuses to read those written dry listings of
flower characteristics

so at first you should develop an impression of families:

goldenrod = compositae
pennycress = cruciferae
curled dock = polygonaceae
stinging nettle = urticaceae
toad-flax = scrophulariaceae
loose-strive = primulaceae

all with their individual details - and don't throw those hand drawn
guides away, they are much more better than photos, because you see the
plant in its uniqueness - you should rather procure a field guide nearly
complete, the mine has about 2000 drawings

btw. "dm" means dezimeter = 10 centimeters = 1/3 foot

concerning your question for a subspecies of goldenrod I am not familiar
with it, but I had a look on wikipedia "goldenrod" with about 10
subspecies

what about publishing a photo of your Llamas and horses, e.g. under
alt.binaries.pictures.animals

cheers kauhl