Old 13-08-2008, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default OT maybe: Save Our URG Archives !

"PK" wrote in message

"Rob" wrote in message
Some posters are now choosing to have their posts automatically
removed from the group after so many days

er, how do they do that?

pk

They are not "removed" it is just that the Google system will not reproduce
them in public.
It is easily achieved by altering your group setting.
However the best way of defeating this is for reply posters to repeat all
immediately previous posts.
The post of the removal choosers are then recorded and are irremovable.
This will only work of course as long as these "short sighted" people remain
in a significant minority.
Your reader will also record the post for several months and even the Martin
P's of this world can't remove entries from that archive.
His point of comparing the situation with phone conversations is totally
invalid as we are a public newsgroup and
converse accordingly. Phone conversations are accepted as private between
the parties involved.

I agree with Rob

"Save Our Archives "

Regards