Old 13-08-2008, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default OT maybe: Save Our URG Archives !

"K" wrote in message
news

Given that the x-no-archive facility exists, then it's up to the
originator of the post to decide whether he/she wishes their post to be
archived, and quite offensive for someone else to deliberately go against
their wishes in the way that you describe.

If I were requesting my posts not to be archived, and I realised someone
was quoting them in full with the intention of having them archived, then
I would simply stop posting.

Just because a facility exists it doesn't mean that it is good practice to
take advantage of it.
Cliff and jumping off it springs to mind.

Most posts are repeated anyway, as I have with yours, in the normal course
of replying.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com