Old 13-08-2008, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default cardboard in compost

On Aug 13, 5:33*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Ornata wrote:
On 13 Aug, 12:51, "Sheila" wrote:
Hi,

I have been putting regular brown cardboard in bin, cut up, I am not
sure if I can put the shiny coloured stuff in as well. Any hints,
tips? thanks.

Do a search here....
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/soil/

... and you'll find a wealth of opinion on the matter.

I've been adding food packaging (e.g. cereal packets, pizza boxes,
etc.) to my compost bin, on the basis that manufacturers would be
using non-toxic, soy-based inks on anything that might come in contact
with food.

Can't say what is current, but in the past I worked for a company who
occasionally printed cartons for food. No special ink was used.- Hide quoted text -

Do you use any stuff from your present occupation Pete for use in
compost. I liked the photos of your water feature, well done.

Judith