Old 14-08-2008, 03:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
zzznot zzznot is offline

Default my sick bougainvillea

I presume this is in a pot.

They are naturally big plants and eventually use up
whatever is in the pot, could be that's what's happening,
have you added any nutrients, organic matter, etc in
the last year? I'm not an expert on just exactly what
would be best.

J.

"JayDee" wrote in message
Hi there. I've had a rather nice bougainvillea with lots of purple
flowers on my balcony with a north/west view for the last year and
it's been very happy. I live in Los Angeles.

Just a month ago, it started dropping lots of flowers, but still
looked healthy - the nursery said that is ok. BUT just a week ago, it
started dropping many dry flowers and even a few leaves, and now the
bougainvillea doesn't look very healthy anymore. The flowers stilllook
ok, but there are a lot of empty branches. the branches do still seem
healthy for the most part, but everything is falling off! I did miss a
couple weeks between waterings (the last was a drenching), but from
what I understand these guys are very hearty and don't mind being a
little underwatered. I'm just wondering if he'll be ok! I don't want
to have to replace if I don't have to. Should I keep it moist most of
the time or drench/dry/drench/dry?

Thanks for helping me save my bougainvillea.

- JayDee