Old 14-08-2008, 12:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default OT maybe: Save Our URG Archives !

"Sacha" wrote in message
All groups have their own customs. On this one, full repetition of
irrelevant parts of the post being replied to, are snipped, customarily,
so
here your argument doesn't hold water. Of course, none of this can be
enforced and I don't think anyone has suggested that it can be but on the
whole, good manners suggest that people new to a group try to follow that
group's generally accepted ways. A journalist friend of mine has
suggested
that groups or organisations which take, repeat and use the posts of
others
from the group for which they are intended, may well be in breach of
intellectual copyright and that one of these days and if anyone can be
bothered, they might be open to a law suit on those grounds.
--

I do not agree that my argument does not hold water.
There are usually no parts of a post that are irrelevant.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com