Old 14-08-2008, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default OT maybe: Save Our URG Archives !

On 14/8/08 11:10, in article , "PK"
wrote:

snip ;-)
If i see a post with a zilllion quoted lines i rarely read it, never mid
answer.

pk

I'm with you on that one. I think UK posters got used to snipping because
they had dial up and paid for every second they were online. Local calls in
USA are free, so downloading loads of old material and the time it takes,
wasn't of importance in US-centric groups. But when I first came to urg I
was pretty new at the newsgroup 'code' and got shouted at very loudly for
not snipping, until I got the hang of things!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com