Old 14-08-2008, 06:10 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Winter Crop

In article , "Dudly"
wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Moe Jones" wrote:

Can you please recommend a crop to grow this summer for a winter in
containers?

Most greens crop work for winter.
Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage, spinach etc.
My personal favorite is Swiss Chard. I'd like to try Bok Choy this year.

Where do you get the above winter plants, or do you go from seed?

You can start from seed, but I get mine from a local nursery in Austin.
A really cool place that's helped me with Organic pest control called
"It's About Thyme".

I'm kinda lazy. I prefer to start with bedding plants. ;-)

The nice thing about winter gardening of crucifers is there is far less
issue with insect pests.
--
Peace! Om

- Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)