Old 14-08-2008, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H Gordon H is offline

Default OT maybe: Save Our URG Archives !

In message ,
lid writes
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:33:07 +0100, K wrote:

Given that the x-no-archive facility exists, then it's up to the
originator of the post to decide whether he/she wishes their post to be
archived, and quite offensive for someone else to deliberately go
against their wishes in the way that you describe.

If I were requesting my posts not to be archived, and I realised someone
was quoting them in full with the intention of having them archived,
then I would simply stop posting.

[QUOTED IN FULL FOR GOOGLE ARCHIVE PURPOSES]

That's pretty stupid! The other poster wasn't using X-No-Archive!

No need to shout, either.
--
Gordon H