Old 14-08-2008, 08:20 PM posted to aus.gardens
len gardener len gardener is offline

Default Poisoning termite nest

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 23:54:01 +1000, Jon wrote:

snipped
Yipes, when they run out of wood they lbe coming fur ya!
There s a lot to be said for making the house from steel these days.
Corrugated iron with insulation. The pioneers had it right...

you should check the home we built jon, fits that catagory termite
resistant as well as fire resistant and warms itself in winter and
cools in summer.

but yes with the termites provide them a feeding station and keep it
well stocked an old preventative i learnt up rocky way many moons ago,
we did it had a home with wooden stumps never got termites. they like
the soft woods and plaster wall sheeting.
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And